Wednesday, May 16, 2007

from 5/10/2007

Last night I took it pretty easy--mostly organized my loose recipes, read some cookbooks and paged through magazines, watched some of the tv (Wednesdays are Lost, ANTM and American Idol. Awesome. I feel no shame. Well, maybe a little, but not much.), caught up with my long-lost BFF via the telephone, rubbed some cat belly and massaged some dog shoulders (that's where he carries his stress). I tend to not leave myself a free evening very often, so when I do it is glorious. Glorious!

I can never figure out if I'm an introvert with extrovert tendencies, or an extrovert with introvert tendencies, but either way I hover right on the cusp. Last night was for recharging, and I love recharging.

The only thing I cooked last night was to make the rest of my sprouts into hummus. They didn't want to puree as easily as chickpeas from a can, so it was just a trial-and-taste kind of thing. I'm not sure about amounts but I used around 3 c. of sprouted garbanzo beans, 1/4 c. olive oil (didn't have any tahini), about 1-2 T. of sesame seeds, 3 cloves of garlic, 1/2 c. parsley, juice of one lemon, 1/2 c. (1 c.?) of water, some sea salt, and about 5 sun-dried tomatoes. But, I didn't have any bread or pita or anything, so I ate a little with some raw green beans, and stuck the rest in the fridge to use as sandwich spread or dip or whatever. I shoulda taken a picture because the color and consistency came out quite nice, but I didn't think about it because I was too busy hussling to the couch to catch my stories.

But, here is a cat belly for your viewing enjoyment. This little lady just turned 15 last month!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And, for good measure, here's Caleb (aka "The K-Bear" aka "K-Lip, Mommy's Baby Tulip" aka "CornNibblet" aka "Kipper" aka "Kibbie" aka "BabyBear") eating a doggie cupcake from Dozen.

I'm going to make up a big batch of natural, organic doggie treats this weekend for all my dog-pals. I will report back on The K-Bear's review.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm making dinner for a friend tonight, but I haven't decided what yet. I set some wonton wrappers out to thaw and put some wheatberries in a pot to soak. Something will come to me, I'm sure (I hope!). She's bringing a (healthy-ish) dessert. And, then we will throw down some Scrabble!

Remember how I said yesterday that I had an excuse to email Heidi again about the sprouted garbanzo burgers? Well, I did, and I had a lovely reply waiting for me this morning! She's the best guru ever! And, she even looked at my blog. Dang. I love her. And, she told me that if she gets to PA for a booksigning that I should come out. She has no idea what she's getting herself into with that one...

No comments: