Friday, January 4, 2008

be back later...gone slackin'

Happy new year, aught-8!

Sorry for the media black-out, dear friends. I have lots to say (I've been keeping a list of possible blog topics), but so little time. But, I miss you. Wait, no, not you, YOU. Yes, you.

I hope you all had a rockin' new year. I did, and I have pictures to prove it. I've cooked a little here and there, and hope to clean up my act (or at least my grody apartment) a little this weekend, and then there should be more cookin' soon.

Unfortunately, this is gonna be a short one, too. Unfortunately, I've been busy. But, fortunately....fortunately...I finally got my gawdang car last night! It didn't seem like it was ever going to happen, but I actually drove it last night. And, again this morning. And, it doesn't have an ashtray. Which is maybe a sign from the babyjesus that I need to keep my resolution from last year, and quit (again).

Actually, there are a lot of resolutions that were met, surpassed, and then revoked from last year. I started out so strong, and got a little lost (er, depressed) along the way, and backslid something fierce. I want to recommit. I'm scared, but I want to recommit. I've been thinking a lot about the whens and hows and such. I think I need to be a little more moderate than last year. It was fantastic, but ultimately not sustainable for me. And, then when I faltered, I just imploded. Maybe moderation would help. The only glitch is that I'm not a very moderate person. I like extremes. They're the fun part, right?

But, I'm gonna try. Baby steps.

1 comment:

nowlze said...

wooHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! i am so psyched that i you got a car!!!!! you rule!!

xo