Tuesday, March 31, 2009

China-Bear, cat friend extraordinaire 04-08-92 - 03-28-09

I don't have a whole lot to say, because when I start saying, I start crying, and I've been in the depths of despair for days with missing my sweet little cat. China-Bear and I were together for just-shy of seventeen years, but it doesn't seem nearly long enough.

When I first got China-Bear she was so tiny she could squeeze under little body under my bedroom door (when she got locked out at night for being an insane kitten). Over the years, she's been a best friend to me, to our other cat Loudmouth (gone now 11 years) and the K-Bear (more than friends). She had the sweetest disposition and the softest fur. Sometimes she held her breath. Sometimes she looked like a Thanksgiving turkey. She inspired songs. Once she took a big breath, and her front feet came up off the ground. She created and succeeded on the Catkins Diet.

She was loved. Very much.

And, I miss her terribly.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm very sorry for your loss. i know the loss of a pet is difficult & painful. i'm glad she had so many wonderful, happy years with you.

nowlze said...

i love you, e, and i loved china. what a beautiful eulogy.