Friday, January 16, 2009

struggling

I've just gotten started, and I'm already struggling. When it's zero degrees (or less) outside, all I want is some comfort food--something, anything that is warm and gooey and bad for me.

And, I also feel pretty depressed--possibly the weather, or just a regular bout of what I'm prone to.

I know, logically, that eating well and making progress on my goal will make me feel good, but in the moment it's tough to remember that.

Also, work has been sucktastic for the past few months, and I'm just feeling stressed.

But, I'm trying to soldier on. I went swimming with Kramer at the Oliver Bath House a few days ago, and we're planning on going again today (though the thought of being damp even for a second in this frigid air is scary!). I'm trying to remember that it felt really nice, and was a great low-impact exercise that doesn't hurt my feet and my ankle.

At least it's Friday, right?

1 comment:

ellen said...

It is easy to get off track when it's so cold outside, or things are otherwise extreme. There are some things you can eat that are warm and creamy that aren't so bad for you, oatmeal with dried fruit, hot chocolate made with skim milk or light soy milk.

I love swimming in the winter, it makes me feel like it's the summer again, even for a short while. OBH is always super warm, just dry off and have a nice cup of tea and you should be fine.

Hang in there!