Thursday, November 1, 2007

Have you read "Conscious Loving" ?

Actually, I don't even know what "Conscious Loving" is. I mean, yeah, it's obviously a book, but I don't know anything about it. I just read Craigslist this morning, and this was the title of a post in the "strictly platonic" section, and for some unknown reason it keeps running through my head. Maybe that's a sign from the babyjesus that I should read "Conscious Loving". Lemme look it up on amazon...

Book Description
Here is a powerful new program that can clear away the unconscious agreements patterns that undermine even your best intentions. Through their own marriage and through twenty years' experience counseling more than one thousand couples, therapists Gay and Kathlyn Hendricks have developed precise strategies to help you create a vital partnership and enhance the energy, creativity, and happiness of each individual. You will learn how to: Let go of power struggles and need for control; Balance needs for closeness and separateness; Increase intimacy by telling the "microscopic truth"; Communicate in a positive way that stops arguments; Make agreements you can keep; Allow more pleasure into your life. Addressed to individuals as well as to couples, Conscious Loving will heal old hurts and deepen your capacity for enjoyment, security, and enduring love.


Hmm...I'm not so much on the self-help, but if the babyjesus thinks so...um, okay. Still no. When I think about all the books out in the world, and how little time I have to read them I fall into the depths of despair.

I'm reading The Botany of Desire by Michael Pollan right now for "classic" book club. It's so good. He's a genius. For reals.

In other news, SPELL was freakin' awesome last night! Richard was a hit (even though a woman said my chest hair looked "gruesome"! ha!), and I networked, chatted up some peeps, saw some amazing costumes, shook my groove thing and...met RuPaul! Super-fun.

But, then I couldn't fall asleep last night, and so only got a couple hours of sleep. I'm dyin', peeps! I don't function well without at least six hours under the ol' belt. I'm a mess. I've got a headache, my neck and shoulders are all balled up, I'm gassy (could or could not be related; don't worry about it), and--obviously--whiny. All I want is to head over to Shadyside, cuddle up with Emmett, and fall asleep for 3-4 hours. Is that so wrong?

Speaking of Emmett, I really don't think I'm going to be able to give him up tomorrow. I need him. He completes me. So, anyone have any dognapping tips?

No comments: