Friday, July 13, 2007

small gestures that mean so much!

I'm posting twice today because I just received a package. Actually, yesterday I got a notice from UPS at my house that they'd tried to deliver a package from Amazon that required a signature. I couldn't figure out what I was getting from Amazon since I'd declared a moratorium on Amazon buying. Could it be that they'd noticed my lack of activity and were trying to lure me back? Was it something I'd pre-ordered ages ago and forgotten about? What could it be?

So, I called UPS, and they wouldn't deliver without a signature, so I re-routed it to my work address, and just got back from my lunchtime jaunt with Dolce (the new dog-sit dog) to find an Amazon box on my desk. And, guess what I opened it to find? My very own copy of Eric Gower's The Breakaway Cook! I hadn't ordered it, so I scanned the paperwork, and discovered that it had been sent by my lovely friend Alex (posts as "a" sometimes in the comments)! She just moved to Poland last week, and yet she found time to read my blog where I whined about needing this cookbook and having to give it back to the library and order me up a copy! So sweet!

Alex, you totally made my day! I'm am so cooking you a multi-course meal from this very cookbook when you're back in the U.S.S.R., I mean good ol' U.S.A.!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: