Thursday, July 12, 2007

is it lunch time yet?

I am happy to report that I met and exceeded my water-drinking goal yesterday.
goal = 64oz
actual = 88oz

Sweet. Now, the extended goal is to keep doing that every day (32oz down so far today), and add on an extra goal. Today's goal is to stay in my prescribed calorie range goal, 1200-1550. Yesterday my calories were 1838, so I need to cut that down a bit. Another goal is to do one sinkload of dishes.

Yes, baby steps.

I had my abdominal ultrasound today where they pressed on and photographed my gall bladder (which they think might be the offender), kidneys, spleen and liver. But, the tech said that she didn't see anything odd-looking with the gall bladder. Which is good since I'm rabidly anti-surgery (I had surgery about a year and a half or so ago, and I'd rather not do that again because it sucked), but bad because I just want to know what the hell is going on. I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday to talk about the results, so we'll see. Keep your phallanges crossed for me.

I just got a copy of The Flexitarian Table by Peter Berley from the library. Ellen had it checked out, and when we did our hang-out-and-look-at-cookbooks-day I was entranced by it. I can't wait to dig it. It's full of recipes that have a meat and non-meat version so you can make them both simultaneously, if you like, to please the veg and non-veg diners at your table. I still won't make the meat, but I like the concept. And, he has some really great recipes, and lots of basics--which I especially love as I'm learning.

In non-cooking and/or health-related news, I went to see the new Harry Potter movie last night. Yeah, it was opening night, and therefore especially nerdy, so? What do degrees of nerdiness matter at that point? I had considered drawing on a lightning bolt-shaped scar on my forehead, but both ran out of time and suspected that my friend Roya might ditch me. But, we did see a few peeps in capes and such. Good times. And, the movie was awesome! I want to go back and read all the books and watch all the movies again now. I wish I went to Hogwarts. For reals.

I found this little gem on someone's myspace blog. I'm, like, so totally there!
Wizard Rock Concerts with the Carnegie Library
Celebrate the release of the new Harry Potter book and film with two free wizard rock concerts at Schenley Plaza! To learn more about the Carnegie Library's Potter Mania programming this summer, click here.
Tuesday, July 31, 6 - 8 pm - Remus Lupins help celebrate Harry Potter's birthday

Sunday, August 19, 6 - 8 pm - Harry and the Potters with Draco and the Malfoys

No comments: