Monday, December 3, 2007

ps. The Gooch is an international sensation!

You all might remember me mentioning my pal The Gooch every now and again (when I kick her ass at Scrabble)? Well, a month or two ago she started a website called One Cold Hand. This mission of the website is this:

“onecoldhand.com is a project that connects the Pittsburgh community through one unfortunate event – the loss of a glove. This site creates a method for dealing with the conundrum of finding these lost articles. Do you leave it and hope the owner comes back to find it? Do you pick it up? Throw it away? With onecoldhand.com, the abandoned object now becomes a symbol of benevolence and hope."


[coincidentally and interestingly, my friend Dylan has been photographing single lost gloves in NYC for the past few years, but they're not related projects].

So, she started getting some media attention in the local papers and stuff, and then it blew up! She's interviewed in the New York Times! And, will be interviewed today for the BBC! And, for various TV stations (she told FOX TV to shove off! heh!). Check out the site!

She needs volunteers for picking up drop-boxes around town, and I'm sure lots of other related tasks since she's all busy being famous. And, you can get stickers, too, for when you find some lost-n-lonely gloves.

Go, Gooch, Go!

1 comment:

Hummingbitch said...

Wow, I can't believe The Gooch is the girl of onecoldhand fame! I was checking out that website the other day and I couldn't wipe the grin off of my face -- what a great project. This girl loves it.