Friday, September 28, 2007

everybody's workin' for the weekend!

Recently Kramer challenged me to a (Vegan) Reuben-Off. She talked some smack, but honestly I knew that I would be the victor. For one, I think that vegans sometimes forget what "real" food tastes like while they comfort themselves with vegan "cheese", and that this distorts their sense of what tastes good (to others). So, there's that. And, also I've been in Kramer's kitchen.

So, I was feeling pretty good about it. But, she invited me over for a preview last night--her vegan reubens and beers. And, dood, it was damn good. Like, day-um good! It was a taste sensation. I wish I'd had my camera with me.

So, I cleverly suggested that we transform the Reuben-Off into more of a Reuben Party. So, we're trying to talk Mags into hosting said party, and transforming it into a potluck. She did, after all, recently state: "Lesbians having potlucks is a sterotype that's just not true enough!"

Kramer just snarkily stated via gmail chat that we should call this little get-together "The First Annual Started Out As A Reuben-Off Til E Tasted The Amazingness Of Kramer's Reuben And Chickened Out Potluck".

No comment.

I know, inside, that I am still a:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I think it'll be win-win for everyone! And, Kramer has said that she'll also make one of her famous vegan cheesecakes. I've also tasted that, and it is real-real-rill good, too.

I didn't hit up the farmers market yesterday, so I'll probably hit the N.Side one today. They don't have the pierogies or the fig man, but it's still a good'un. I can't wait until first frost so they'll be brussels sprouts! My mouth is watering already! Plus, they are the cutest vegetable ever! I hated them when I was a kid, but I want to make up for lost time. Yum.

I'm so glad it's the almost-weekend! And, it's payday (a joy that comes but once per month for this guy)! Woot!

Sunday night will conclude my two-week pet-sitting gig, and I'm so excited to wrap it up, and be back home with my own babies full-time again and my own space, humble though it may be. Home sweet home.

Have a great weekend, peeps!

No comments: